BRAND VALUATION COURSES OFFERED BY ICAI
The objective of the Course is
1) To enable the members to gain acumen, expertise and in-depth knowledge on various methods of valuation;
2) To empower the members with the technical skills as well as analytical and decision-making discretion in the valuation job;
3) To provide through knowledge of the best practices as well as procedural and documentation aspects of the valuation job;
4) Apart from the comprehensive theoretical aspects, this course, first of its kind in India, will sharpen the expertise and excellence of our members through multiple case studies across the industry and service sector like pharmaceuticals, retail, manufacturing, banking, insurance, valuation, mining, infrastructure, private equity valuation.
The Companies Act 2013 also provides a separate chapter on Registered Valuers. As per section 247 of the Act wherever any valuation is required to be made in respect of any property, stocks, shares, debentures, securities or goodwill or any other assets (herein referred to as the assets) or net worth of a company or its liabilities under the provision of this Act, it shall be valued by a person having such qualifications and experience and registered as a valuer.
Only the members of the ICAI and Final pass students are eligible to pursue this course
Programme Structure/Topics covered
1) Valuation Overview, Basic Techniques, Impairment and Fair Value Concept, Valuation under Companies Act 2013.
2) DCF Model, Forecasting, Cost of Capital, Discounts, Premiums, DCF as a model for Valuation of Shares.
3) Examples of Specific Industry in case of Valuation, Multiple methods of Valuation, Options, Basics of Options, ESOP only significant portion.
4) Merger and Acquisitions, Valuation for tax Purposes, Closely held Companies, Stressed Assets for Asset Restructuring Companies and Banks, Valuation of Complex Securities.
5) General Considerations in Valuation with Case Study and Valuation of Intellectual property and Human resources with case study, Brands and Copyrights, regression Analysis.
6) Valuation - Effective use of excel spread sheets, Drafting Valuation Report, Valuation as a profession, Competence, quality and ethics.
7) Practical case studies, Questions and Answers session
Course Duration and Course Hours
7 (Seven) days class rooms studies on weekends (i.e Every Saturday and Sunday) , Time: 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
Fees for the Course
Rs. 25,000 for Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai (Metro Cities)
Rs. 20,000 for other cities (Non Metro Cities)
[This Includes fees for the examination to be held after completion of the Course]
The registration will be on first come first served basis. Interested members may register online, take a print of the filled in detailed form, sign it and send the same along with a copy of membership card/certificate of membership and fees prescribed above vide DD/Pay order.
Members may also pay the fees online, take the print of the automatically generated acknowledgement and send the same along with the print of the duly filled registration form, a copy of membership card/certificate of membership.
Examination for the Course
1. Examination is conducted twice a year after completion of the classes.
2. Written examination is of 3 hours of 100 marks
3. MCQ- 60 MARKS
4. Practical/Theory questions - 40 MARKS
5. Project report of 100 marks – to be submitted by the participants after the classes. Topics covered for project report are Private Company, Unlisted Company, Infrastructure, telecommunication, ESOP, Power, construction, Intangibles, Brand or any other topic as per the choice of the participants.
A certificate will be awarded to the members on successful completion of course and passing the examination.
The maximum CPE Hours may be as per the minimum requirement recommended by the CPE Committee for a Calendar year for the members in practice.